View Single Post
Old 15-10-2013, 12:21 AM
redbeard (Damien)

Recently I bought the 618 and even though I heard it was good, I was dissapointed in the 30fps vertical line artifact. I am new to imaging the planets but the issue is there.

The camera was sent back to the dealer to see if there was a fix, and are having extreemly fun issues dealing with them as they say there is nothing wrong with the camera.

I since contacted the manufacturer of the camera, and they are aware of the issue and mentioned that there are 2 firmware fixes, one fixes the grid issue at 60fps but not the vertical lines at 30fps, and the other firmware fixes the vertical lines 30fs but not the grid at 60fps. They suggest to decide on which type of settings you want to use, and flash the camera with the firmware for that use.

I have different apeture scopes and therefore want to be able to adjust to the correct setting without having to flash the firmware.

If you are not too worried about the 618 camera issues for your purposes, it may be great, but personally for me I'd rather put the money towards another brand that has the sameish specs but no issues.

I am not aware of any issues with the 04.

Keen to hear what others have to say.

Cheers,

Damien.