View Single Post
Old 22-01-2013, 07:07 PM
bojan
amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairsam View Post
so if the heating of the tank can be prevented, both by painting the tank white and insulating it, would the issue reduce?
how about if the container was made air tight by adding a rubber seal between the pier and the raised base and a rubber lip where the container sits?....
Possibly, if my theory is correct.
But, I think the best approach to problem solution is to minimise the cause - in this case the proximity to ground moisture. Then the heating of the enclosure (and circulation of air inside) should actually reduce the condensation.

It's is quite logical - if there is no moisture in the air (around mount), there will be nothing to condense on it when temperature drops (and relative humidity increases).

I did this little project with exactly this in mind - to get inside only the optics and some electronics and keep outside the mount, so I don't have to align every time (which IMHO is waste of time, unless one has to do it).

Peter's procedure is also very helpful, I also check the situation next morning and ventilate the setup properly.