Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 03:27 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Getting there, installed the hand rails which I really need, but best of all fastened the ramp to the deck structure ... Coming up with how to do it took time but I ended up with a simple but strong connection. Getting it in position took some effort and there were times I thought I would need help but it all worked well finally. The ply needs fastening plus some additional inserts but very happy as I was able to have a cuppa sitting on the deck while looking at the birds...it was well worth the effort.
I cant do anymore as I need a trip to Bunnings ...I have settled on buying foam to line it ...all I want is insulation and foam blocks I can stick on the ceiling easy..and the walls...I can add wood panelling later maybe...I best start getting the rocks and make the form work for the base ...maybe drive in the star pickets and see if they will go down as far as I want...maybe get another six.
Addition via edit.
I can not speak too highly about the little Ozitto cordless chain saw pictured. All the hardwood (its like steel) was cut with this wonderful little saw, I wont use it on the ply cause of chain oil getting on the surface that I want to paint...and I have cut firewood with it out of trees nine inch diameter...and I give up before the battery..one of the best products I have even purchased..I bought extra batteries and a charger..cant remember really but only $200 approx ..it was $110 but the other stuff took it to $200...I just can not believe that what looks like a toy performs so well.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20200916143941_resize_62.jpg)
133.0 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20200916_153053.jpg)
94.1 KB75 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 16-09-2020 at 03:39 PM.