Thread: Hi I'm new here
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 08:18 PM
namtao (Trung)

Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
Yes some cooldown time required but usually keep near siding door and its equalized.
BTW, what does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post

Lastly look for used gear from here. if you buy from gumtree gok check the optics if you can. Iceinspace folks are quiet trust worthy and I have not had an issue buying from them. There are bargains around if your patient. I have a full etx-125 with mount that i grabbed for 500. And it has very good optics. The star discovery with 127 is a good option. If its the one that has encoders and can be declutched for rebalance. also look at q used 6se , 4se not so great as the fork arm is short and does not allow for changing optics. where qs star discovery and 6se8se or Evolution you can change to a 80mm refractor or 8inch SCT.

The best telescope is the one you will use more often give your circumstances and ideas one that is portanle grab and go setup.
Thanks again, yes, i'll keep an eye out. i saw a Celestron 130 EQ on gumtree going for $130 - looked tempting but decided against it as i have no idea what to look for. I'm glad that i didn't go ahead with it.

The size of the 8" or 10" dob is what holding me back at the moment. I might have to enquire about the local star gazing community group and tag along to see for myself and then decide.