View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 08:28 AM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidLJ View Post
Ian. Glad that you got there. It looks like a good night at Wattle Ponds tonight and, at this stage, even better ones next Wednesday to Friday.

Patrick. I downloaded Stellarium this afternoon to see if I could trouble shoot your problem but just ended up where you have already got to. Since I was using the same laptop as I use for both the Windows version of the SynScan App Pro and SkyTools3 the problem cannot have anything to do with setting up ASCOM. Maybe someone who is well versed in using the telescope control feature in Stellarium can help you?
Thanks David, I really appreciate you taking the time to have a look at this for me. I think I finally got it sorted, but jeez, it was a struggle. I've previously never had any problems connecting both my 8" and 16" dobs to Stellarium (with cables), and had never heard of StellariumScope until yesterday. Downloaded this, plus updated Stellarium (which I probably didn't need to do), and with a bit of painful tinkering finally got the scope to slew wirelessly from Stellarium. Having said that, the scope was in my study and obviously not aligned, so I had no idea where it was slewing to and switched it off pretty smartly. The real test will be tonight once it's aligned. Thanks again.