View Single Post
Old 17-08-2019, 06:54 PM
Kal (Andrew)
1¼" ñì®våñá

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
In my thinking BEV taxis would not be viable, I was looking 2 points.
How far a taxi would drive over the course of a day, and have to do so on a single overnight charge. And that's if the taxi was being run by an individual owner/license holder. Most taxis are run by license holder investors, who hold a bunch of licenses and taxis, and run them 24/7, with maybe 15 min between shifts and driver changes. So how would those taxis get enough time to be charged when there's never enough time for that even on a fast charger?
How much shorter a distance the same taxi would only be able to manage, 5 or more years down the track, as the battery is less able to manage a full charge?

Depends on city, but taxi's average maybe 100,000km/year, which if driven 7 days a week is about 270km/day. Any decent EV with even a moderate battery pack of will drive that much in a day no problem.

I don't understand your reasonoing for fastcharge not being viable for a 24/7 operation. Can you explain how it is not viable?

With regards to range, this old article from 2017 is about a tesla taxi driver that clocked up 400,000km and still has 93% of his range. BYD claims that their cars can do 1 million kilometers and still retain 75% of their range.