View Single Post
Old 24-03-2005, 04:40 PM
silvinator
Lady Post-a-holic

Question Camera Cleaning Advice Needed

Hi folks,

I own a very old fujica st605n 35mm SLR film camera which my dad purchased at the markets for a whopping $15 I recently tried to clean the darn thing as I noticed some of the foam that protects the mirror (or something like that, not sure what function the foam has actually... ) had crumbled off onto the focusing screen and the mirror. Well, you can guess what happened next...I made it worse . I now have black smudges all over the focusing screen I am yet to find out whether this has affected the image quality (need time to get the roll developed) but it shouldn't really I suppose.

I just need to find out if anyone knows of a reputable camera repair shop that could clean the gunk out for me. I did get one quote from a Sydney repairer in the city and they wanted to charge me over $200 for it

Even if anyone has any suggestions on how I might safely try to clean the insides of this most loved camera of mine, then it would be much appreciated.

On a side note, this camera has been a wonderful addition to my gear and I would never part with it. It takes fantastic day shots that look better than what my digital camera can produce - the colours just seem so much more vibrant and real. It is also very well suited for astrophotography. So this is why I would dearly love to get this beautiful little vintage camera fixed, even if the images aren't ruined because of it. And the marks just looks so ugly, I just have to get it cleaned...ummm, it's a female thing

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Clear skies,

Last edited by silvinator; 24-03-2005 at 04:45 PM.