View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 05:26 PM
astrosteve81 (Steve)

Nikon Full Frame Drop In Filter

Hi Guys,

I am currently designing a drop in filter to be used with Nikon Full Frame DSLR's. The reason I am doing so is due to being unhappy with how the Optolong drop in filter sits. I also wanted to use Astronomik and other higher quality filters as well as narrowband.

Currently the cell sits in really nicely and still gives access to be used with many lenses without the lens bayonet hitting the filter cell. I have cut up an Astronomik CLS CCD filter which is currently sitting in the cell.

Currently I have tested the Cell with the following lenses...

Nikon 14-24 2.8
Nikon 20mm 1.8G
Nikon 24mm 1.8G
Nikon 35mm 1.8G
Nikon 70-200 2.8

Still need to test to make sure the lenses fit without any issues....
Nikon 60mm 2.8
Nikon 300mm F4

All auto focus and aperture settings work without any issues with the filter cell.

I would like to know what other filter brands and types would you like to see in this cell.

Also currently working on some additional functions with the filter and ultimately one that doesn't need to have the mirror flipped up to install.

Attached are some images taken with the filter cell and Nikon Lenses, upload quality may be a little lacking as to my poor processing.

I would like to hear your thoughts and see if anyone would possible be interested in the filter cell.

Thanks,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Big bend Astro.jpg)
63.3 KB65 views
Click for full-size image (finished edit-2.jpg)
113.4 KB62 views
Click for full-size image (Orion.jpg)
65.9 KB66 views
Click for full-size image (DSC_0325-2.jpg)
154.4 KB59 views
Click for full-size image (DSC_0327-2.jpg)
188.0 KB66 views
Click for full-size image (DSC_0328-2.jpg)
161.7 KB48 views