View Single Post
Old 26-04-2010, 09:39 PM
darrellx (Darrell)

Hi All

Well I do appreciate everyones response to my question(s). Rather than seeking a comparison of OSC to Mono CCDs, I was really seeking some insight into any differences in processing the raw data. It sounds like there is not that much of a difference with what I do with my planetaries - stack each channel; do a bit of processing; combine; then do some more processing.

I suppose that the alignment of the separate channels is not that difficult. I have done some practices in PS where I have aligned multiple layers. And getting the layers to align will get better with practice. Aligning a series of say, Jupiter or Saturn will be different to aligning a series from say any DSO that isn't so "distinct" and with fuzzy boundaries.

I have enjoyed reading all the responses though. And it is an interesting topic. I suppose my only contribution I can make to the discussion on which would be the one to get is that since I already have a OSC device (ie my EOS400), I am inclined not to purchase another one.

Darrell