Thread: [WITHDRAWN] APM 152mm APO Refractor
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:57 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

A new situation

Views of Saturn last night were superlative this telescope really is in a class of its own.

If there are any large SDM dob owners (20” or more) that fancy a sea change imaging through a refractor I’d be very open to discussions about a trade.

Much of the gear I was selling is now pending with the only two remaining items, being the QHY 12 and the APM 152mm.

I need to state that I have now reverted the APM to its original virgin state, although it remains a telescope with a past I have removed the Starlight PDMS motor focuser which has now been sold separately. The Guidescope and guide camera also sold separately, as did the flattener/reducer.

That leaves the OTA as a pristine visual scope that could of course be easily re-furnished for imaging. It is an LZOZ triplet with a Starlght Instruments 3.5" focuser. Optics don't really get any better - although admittedly, they do get bigger! Everything gets bigger when you see a DOB

Looking at Optcorp in the US this will set up back close to $18k but currently there appears to had s new lower price from the manufacturer for around AU $12k minus shipping, import and GST. You can acquire one fully landed in Australis from the reseller here for about $14k. Your call whether new is worth the extra $5k.

I will sell for $9300 but that's the lowest. If it won't sell for that price I'll simply keep it is a visual scope myself.

Last edited by OneCosmos; 21-03-2019 at 09:25 PM.