View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 09:41 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJT View Post
Should it include taking someone's data, reprocessing and posting it back up?
I wouldn't reprocess and post back publicly without asking first, but that's just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marke View Post
Also seems unless you are well known regular people rarely bother to comment anyway.
That's human nature. If you've built a relationship with someone by offering comments and help in the past then they'll be more inclined to reciprocate. The folks that get a lot of comments are typically the ones who actively comment on images by others. I try to comment if I have something helpful to say or if an image is especially good. I'm less likely to comment on images by folks that just lob in and post pictures but don't participate in the forum otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Thanks for bringing this topic up. Personally i do think some of the recent 'commentary' on images posted on IIS comes very close to bullying. I don't consider myself having a thin skin concerning my interpretation of what something should look like, and I always stress that i see this activity as Art. Unfortunately, some people seem to lie in wait for someone to post an image that does not conform to their interpretation of the "imaging standard model".
Most people wouldn't consider what was clearly intended as a helpful comment from a guy who has APODs coming out of his ears as bullying, Glen. It's nothing to do with some imaginary "imaging standard model". It's a simple matter of aesthetics. Many of us don't find images that are predominately green (or any other colour) attractive. If you do, that's fine, but don't be surprised if there are people who don't share your view.

Cheers,
Rick.