View Single Post
Old 22-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Paul Haese

Some might think I am Crazy

Well, perhaps I have finally gone around the bend. Perhaps not.

During the past couple of weeks I negotiated the purchase of a second hand AG12 for a price I could not refused. It came from someone I trust and am very appreciative of the pricing and the condition of the scope.

As you can see from the image, it is in very good condition. The primary and secondary are in good condition too.

So why buy the same scope again when I had so much trouble last time? Well; other than the issues I had with the corrector and finish of the scope, it does perform as I wanted. I know know what to expect. Especially now that I am using a different corrector to the one they supplied. The one on this scope might well be ok, however I do have another corrector which will work.

Essentially I wanted another fast scope that I can either put my Aluma, QSI or STXL onto. Probably in all likelihood I will be putting the Aluma on one scope and STXL on the other. This will free up my QSI for wider applications with camera lenses.

I will also then stockpile my GSO RC12 until I build a new observatory at Swan Reach. I just need another couple of mounts to utilize all the scopes I have laying around here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_6208.jpg)
152.3 KB262 views