View Single Post
Old 26-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
That's an amazingly good first galaxy Andy.

I had a go on a copy trying to get the colour right (yellow centre, blue dots in the spiral arms, red for the HII regions), but it didn't want to. That suggests that the problem crept in earlier in processing, and it isn't just a final tweak.

Well done!

Mike
Cheers Mike - I suspect the core colour problem lies with my inexperience with basic stretching of the RG&B - not too sure exactly what I'm aiming for there, but I'm learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willik View Post
HI Andy
Very nice image of the NGC300 not a easy image to take the spiral arms are hard to get detail out but still it is a very nice image
Martin
Thanks Martin - it's a very beautiful target - hopefully next time round I can do it justice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Ha. You picked a good first target there Andy; NGC 300 is pretty dim, certainly not an easy one. Solid effort... I can't even imagine what my first galaxy image would have been like had I tried NGC 300.

I notice there's some banding on the top of the frame... if you had PixInsight I'd suggest trying the canon banding removal script... not sure what you can do about it with PS.
Cheers Lee - Dim but pretty - worth persevering with I reckon - will see how I go next time out to the dark site. That banding is wierd though, it's in all the subs - might have to redo the flats & darks to see if it's something that has crept in there.