View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 02:31 PM
toryglen-boy (Duncan)
Scotland to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSnerd View Post
I suppose it must come down to what one expects in their service. I'm in Canberra too and the service I get here by far exceeds anything I got in America. But remember I was there in 97, so I don't know if much has changed since then. Also I went all over the East coast (perhaps you were on the West coast). And as for quality, my experiance was the exact opposite. The quality here from your supermarkets to your coffee houses to your retaurants to your takeouts to your McDonalds, just so much better here. I dont agree with your assessment that the system is "morally ... a little outdated". Bit too heavy on the use of euthemism for me.
Actually, i was in the states in 97, thats when i was there working, and i was East coast to, Maybe i was a little harsh. The service in Sydney i found to be very good, the service in Melbourne was first class, and people couldnt do enough for you, but yet again, Canberra is utter devoid of any good retail/dining experience, but then again, god knows why this place was made capital, when you have the rest of utopia to choose from, but i digress.

Can you expand on your last comment, about my heavy use of euthemism? i would be very interested to read your findings.