View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 01:50 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaroo View Post
Absolutely Carl - she gets medical, dental, 401k, etc, etc. It ain't a bad deal really. It's just hard to quantify it without asker her directly, which I, being a gentleman, would not enquiries of. Our people over here in similar work don't get that.

By and by - transport, cars, rent, fuel, food and other basics are typically cheaper over there. Not across the board, but I found living in the USA on my Aussie salary pretty easy going for my five years there in New York and LA.
Sounds like she got a good deal as far as her workplace is concerned. But she still should've gotten a bit more than $12/hr. I've been in jobs very similar to hers in so far as you're the lackey (kitchenhand, cook etc) and gotten all that she did but my wages were nearly double hers. I've also been in jobs where like I said before, they weren't much chop. You're right about the cost of basics over there being cheaper than here...economies of scale (although quite a few here are just greedy so and so's)...but they make up for it in other areas.