View Single Post
Old 23-11-2009, 01:40 PM
toryglen-boy (Duncan)
Scotland to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSnerd View Post
Actually Andrew I was in the USA in 97. I didnt share your experiance I have to say. They wernt too bad but not even close to the standard of service we get in Australia. And the worst thing was food quality and cleanliness. Did'nt come close to Australian standards in my opinion. As for which is the better system well that depends of course on what your criteria is. I cant say that I would use the criteria you are using.
TBH mate, its horses for courses, swings and roundabouts. I would say that the standard of service in the USA is MUCH higher than here in Oz, no scratch that, i dont want to upset my Aussie friends, and rightly so, so lets just say, the standard in the USA is SOOOOOOO much higher here than in Canberra, i am sick of not hearing the magic two words "please" and "thank you" anytime i go to Woden, but i digress.

The quality in the USA is higher because you pay for it, and as Chris has explained, it works. Morally, i feel that its a little outdated, although a by product of that seems to be service staff, really spreading the love for thier money, and i think that can only be a good thing. When i was in the USA, if my service was good, i certainly tipped for it, as there is no right or wrong way, just thier way, and the way here.