View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
shelltree (Shelley)
Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Sounds like a great night and fun with a top eyepiece. Saturn is looking such a treat as the rings open up. Good to see some observing happening again up north!
It was certainly great to get back out there, I had loads of fun It definitely is, I was absolutely gobsmacked at the detail, especially in the rings! I'm so very glad we've had some clear weather lately after all this cloudy/rainy yuckiness.

And thankful it's getting into the cooler months, I always end up observing more during Autumn/Winter than Summer and Spring. Generally better conditions, better seeing and no pesky mosquitos/ripply wobbly observing from the heat. Plus the sun sets sooner so I don't feel like I've just set up and it's time for bed! Hard when I need to be up at 5:30am for work everyday but I'd prefer that than getting home at 6:30pm and being rushed.

Half the time I don't end up sleeping til late anyway Damn things distracting me! Anyway, the purpose of that rant was, this observing sesh got me craving astronomy again so hoping to get out there more often again!