View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattT View Post
. It's mostly because of Suzy's long and very informative threads
Awwwww shucks! *blush*
Ultimately the credit goes to John Bambury and the incredible input by him (in particular) and others that steered me in the right direction. The eyepiece threads were fed so well with information and I'm really proud of them actually, and so thankful to all those who contributed.
I don't normally observe with glasses (tho one day I think it may end up being that way), but I have tried to observe with my glasses on using a 15mm eye relief ep (Orion Expanse plossl I use on the 4")). Could be just me, but I couldn't get it to happen. Perhaps a wide view ep would've helped somewhat, or a scope that I didn't have to manually move (dob) to keep the object within the fov and look for things. I had to keep moving by head around the ep and kept knocking it with my glasses. That's just my experience anyway. I actually thought I might be just okay with it. Just can't beat that 20mm eye relief for comfort, with or without glasses. Oh gosh... this is my weakness, talking about eyepieces- I'm waffling! One day, I would love to observe through a Ziess ortho! Yep.. still waffling.

Hubby says I ask too many questions but works in my favour sometimes. He reckons I should have been a cop or a lawyer but I'm afraid of getting hurt and as for lawyer well I cry easily. Tho I always did fancy myself writing those jingles for commercials, I could do a telescope commercial that'd make MoJo proud.... .

Btw, I noticed you have one more XW than me.
Jealous!
All the best Matt!