Thread: Bugger ...!!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:02 PM
DJT (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts055 View Post
Hii David, After building up the paint to a height proud of the surrounding area, and letting this cure thoroughly, mask off the repair with a margin of 5- 10mm and then take the wet and dry paper which is cut in strips a few mm wider than the paint build. Attach the strips with contact adhesive to a suitable width firm narrow flat (I have used things like "automotive points files" to pre papered quality nail files). Use grades of wet and dry 320, 400, 600, 800, 1200 then 2000 and finally buff with automotive cutting compound like "CRC Repo Extra cut" and polish like "CRC Repo Auto Cream" . Just need to take care to avoid sanding through the virgin surrounding paint. The masking tape helps to keep the sanding strips from contacting the virgin surface.
Have fun, Mark
Thanks Mark and Lewis. I have a tak finderscope I will be practising on first.
I hear you Lewis around differences re age of scopes. There’s no way round that unless as you say you match against the scope itself. Suspect it’s not a bunnings trip?

Cheers. Col, the intent was to offer left overs but looks like you have a Lewis tucked up your sleeve somewhere?

Good luck and hope it works out well.