View Single Post
Old 17-10-2016, 08:29 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Hi Luka

I think this TEC will perform better wit ha proper set-up...aka in the case and with a copper cold finger, I used the small heatsink on the cold side to act as a thermal resistance. The Hotside HSF is a small computer unit. Seeing the hotside never really got past 30ºC much you can guess it's more than suitable.

But I was concerned to see the differential was only 30ºC. But using the current voltage this showed it to be at 27W which was the Qmax for the TEC. I think this TEC can give some more and I think its right in the range of supply voltages I cannot do at,...aka 9V DC ~ 10V DC. I say this because the rated I of the TEC is supposed to be 2A and I noted at the voltages I had it at either 1.6A or 2.4A!

I agree using this TEC doesn't leave much headroom for PWM control. Would have liked to see -10ºC on cold side. I need to buy another cheap TEC controller one that goes lower than -7ºC! Also do something about my PSUs. I have a linear adjustable...but it won't supply the current required. Need to rectify this as well.

With this info on this TEC...unless I can squeeze -10ºC out of it I don't think its suitable because it leaves no spare capacity!

Yes a dual stage may be the way to go. Looking at your suggestion now.

Brendan
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_3230small.jpg)
112.1 KB41 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_3227small.jpg)
81.9 KB41 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_3232-small.jpg)
90.0 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_3234-small.jpg)
89.9 KB40 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_3236-small.jpg)
108.9 KB40 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_3223-small.jpg)
72.4 KB40 views