View Single Post
Old 17-09-2016, 02:38 PM
luka
Unregistered User

I am sure that all of us will have a go at debayering at some stage. I just thought to try it out while I had a working system (D40 + sensor) which would let me test the progress. And I also acquired a set of NB filters and I wanted to play with them and a mono D40

But I did not have much success really, the D40 focuses (in viewfinder) but refuses to take photos which may indicate that the sensor, or more likely its supporting electronics or ribbon, is broken. Nothing obvious like the crack on the body that I fixed.

Removal of glass with sensors on carriers is much easier. I had to apply a fair amount of force to cut through the glue on the side. Having a sensor sitting on pins would not be the best idea for this. I suppose using less force would work as well but it would take longer.

I am not sure what to do next... I could debayer this D40 sensor but without any means to test it. I do not fancy doing it "blind". And my D70 does not work so there is no advantage trying to do it on the D70 sensor. Hmm