View Single Post
Old 18-10-2020, 10:43 PM
DavidTrap (David)
Really just a beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_4059 View Post
David,

I agree the recovery is a real strength. I've never successfully left things unattended with either of the other options I've tried.

There is quite a lot going on with Voyager developments. It might not be up to ACP standard however there is this in the making:

https://forum.starkeeper.it/t/my-ast...g-planner/1985

Re the arduino project...take a look at this thread:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=178965

If you are interested in going down that path I have quite a bit of detail around my cloud model that I can share and there is also information on how some of the commercial units have approached this in the public domain if you know where to look. Funnily enough I stumbled across some work by Idso for mine and I later learned some of the commercial units went down a similar path.

I had not done any coding since Fortran in secondary school however you can teach an old dog new tricks...Google is your friend Visual Studio and VB.net is pretty intuitive and I got some fantastic help from a fellow IIS member to resolve a nagging issue.

Peter.
Thanks Peter,

The cloud sensor looks a bit beyond my capabilities, but interesting nonetheless.

As for that voyager thread, by predicting the best target to image at a certain time at night, they're halfway to what ACP Scheduler does.

One I was interested in implementing was having goals for a target, and automatically writing or adjusting a Voyager sequence to try to meet those goals within the time allowed by any given night. However, I decided to put that off for now as I assume that’d be a replication of what’s coming in Voyager Advanced.

I've seen a few comments like this one that suggest Voyager Advanced might be what I'm after for the school observatory.

DT