View Single Post
Old 26-12-2019, 01:45 PM
morls (Stephen)
Space is the place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Stephen, I'm really watching this with interest... I'm keen to read about your progress, as well as your analysis on whether or not you think it's stable enough between now & your eventual move...
Hi Carlton,

A quick session the other night was promising, but there is some instability. I've reduced the gap between pier and footing as much as possible without removing the nuts between, and will see what fifference this makes. I wasn't too fussed about getting the footing completely level, my reasoning being that the rat cage would make this adjustment once set up. I think in the next installation I'll try to make sure the footing is as level as possible so I can attach the pier directly to footing. We started with it level, but as the first pile was driven in the plate shifted. It was at that point that I decided to let the rat cage do the levelling. My next step will be to remove the pier and widen the mounting hole in the base. I bought it from another IIS member, and these holes are just too close for a clean fit onto the footing. A few minutes with a file will sort this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
Would you mind elaborating on cost of the plate you used (I'd never seen those before) & whether you already had the pier or purchased it complete/had it made for you, etc... & rough costs...

The pier was purchased through this forum, from Bo (traveller). The total cost for footing plate, micro piles and nuts/bolts/washers was $220. The plate was $150, so the next install will be much cheaper.
I bought the S400: https://surefootfootings.com.au/pile-cap-s400/

Cheers