View Single Post
Old 24-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morls View Post
I think I might have posted this thread in the wrong forum - maybe "ATM and DIY projects" is a better fit.

How can I get in touch with a moderator to get this moved?
Stephen, I'm really watching this with interest... I'm keen to read about your progress, as well as your analysis on whether or not you think it's stable enough between now & your eventual move...

Would you mind elaborating on cost of the plate you used (I'd never seen those before) & whether you already had the pier or purchased it complete/had it made for you, etc... & rough costs...

I'm contemplating a few backyard options at present although my needs are a little different to yours as I also have a dob I want to settle on a more stable base rather than just grass. At present I'm contemplating a circular concrete pad, done in such a manner as to look like a decorative feature that I can mark a nth/sth line on for setting up my CG 5 but, the pier footing you have shown is also very interesting indeed...

FWIW, I have no issue with where it is either but, if you are super keen to have it moved you can either PM one of the mods as suggested, Al Sheehy is another mod or, there should be a red x at the top right of your original post which reports the post & you can make a comment in there asking them to move it...

Cheers