View Single Post
Old 28-07-2018, 12:05 PM
kosborn (Kevin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
On screen is Sharpcap and a pop up box showing EQMOD HEQ 5/6 but there is a message "Connect errorort Not Avaialable.

What have I missed?

I have never used ASCOM but I expect there is a connection between the hand box that I need to the lap top?

You probably have a cable with serial plug on one end and a ST4 (telephone) plug on the other end that should have come with your mount. The ST4 plug goes into the bottom of your hand controller. If you have a serial port on your laptop just plug the other end there. Most current laptops don't have a serial port so you need a USB/serial adapter cable. I got one from Jaycar - they're easy to find. Once you've done what you need to set up with your hand contoller you can then just select "PC Direct Mode" from the Utilities menu on your hand controller and the laptop takes over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
There is only one lead from the ZWO cooled cam to the lappy.
The usb 2 port on the zwocooled has one lead from it to the filter wheel ..the other at this point is empty..should I plug the guide camera in here?

Yes, the usb ports on the back of the camera work as a hub and save you running extra cables from your mount to your PC.

Good luck!

Kevin