View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 07:13 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Explorer View Post
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I'm leaning towards the collapsible purely for space saving especially when on the road. Glad to hear that they don't have any issues that the full tubes don't too (and that they might hold colmination better even).

If i went with a collapsible is it a worthwhile endeavor to get a shield for it? I've seen them for around $39. And would a laser colminator be a worthwhile investment straight up (about $75) or would that be better spent getting say a 6mm and 15mm eyepiece?

Thanks again!
Josh
I would take note of this post in #8
Since it looks like you're in Brisbane, take a trip down to Astro Pete's (at Mt Gravatt), and Sirius Optics (at Underwood). They will both have a few in stock, so you can get an idea of how big they are, how easy to handle etc - and you can talk to an expert about the various pros and cons.
These people are Amateur Astronomers and will give you good advice and you can handle the merchandise, AstroPete will even take you out to a star night and let you see for your self.
Everything you want to know will be explained to you,yes even filters and collemation.
I hope you get what you want, but a lot also depends on the Dollars in your piggy bank.
Cheers