View Single Post
Old 16-02-2016, 12:04 PM
BilliGoatsGruff (Billi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Explorer View Post
Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. I'm leaning towards the collapsible purely for space saving especially when on the road. Glad to hear that they don't have any issues that the full tubes don't too (and that they might hold colmination better even).

If i went with a collapsible is it a worthwhile endeavor to get a shield for it? I've seen them for around $39. And would a laser colminator be a worthwhile investment straight up (about $75) or would that be better spent getting say a 6mm and 15mm eyepiece?

Thanks again!
Josh
I will admit right now that I know pretty much nothing about telescopes and rely on other people's opinion, but I think you're better saving the $75 for a good eyepiece. I found a tutorial on the internet of how to collimate your telescope with just a piece of card. It worked for me and I haven't had any issues since.
I have a collapsible dob (130mm) and I love it. They're definitely great for portability.
That's about all the help I can give. If you'd like, I can hunt down the link to the tutorial?