View Single Post
Old 18-03-2017, 01:12 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

When I started in astro photograpy.

It all seemed so simple, all I had to do was by a Meade LPI and I already had a scope and equatorial mount..

And so started the journey.

Trying to get deep sky with 12secs exposure, doing some Moon stuff and planets... And finally getting a Canon 300d dslr andilluminated reticule and a co trol box to guide.

. Rebuild the mounts but finally realise I need a eq6... Never got to auto guide but worked on that mount that I giuded with reticle...

NThose were the days... But thinking back, the time learning to that point and to think of the levels after dedicated cameras, the processing... I had to give it in when I started to have tocome to Sydney but even after all tbat time perfecting my little rig I really need a whole new kit from the mount up... Sortta starting all over.. But I cant at the moment.

I think I would go auto guide but stick to a dslr and be happy with what came from such a simple set up.
Probably go for short fl.. I did enjoy my limited proceesing really had little idea and would play with images for hours..

Alex