View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Stefan Buda

I had to take a bit of a detour, as I promised someone to refigure the secondary for an ODK10 and that was a big job that required the making of a precision test plate as well.
With that job completed, I got back onto this project a few days ago and I practically finished it. I did seven coating runs, three for magnesium fluoride AR coating, two for aluminium and two for silicon monoxide.
I made three spring loaded pins that live inside the periphery of the front lens cell and lock the dew shield in place when the later gets extended.
Also installed a string of resistors into the dew shield and made a connector block for a super expensive little connector socket that I bought from RS Components.
One very obvious mistake I made is that I did not pay attention to the helical pattern on the two carbon tubes and ended up with a mismatch. It won't be easy, but I will have to learn to live with that. I will probably wrap the dew shield with reflective material anyway.
All I need now is a dust cover and the heater cable, plus installing the guide scope.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (OTA1f.JPG)
187.5 KB191 views
Click for full-size image (OTA2f.jpg)
112.0 KB171 views
Click for full-size image (OTA3f.jpg)
126.2 KB179 views