View Single Post
Old 19-08-2020, 08:57 AM
bluesilver (Peter)

Thanks heaps for the basic run through, Makes it very easy to understand the basics and what they are, at least for myself it dose anyway.

The darks make sense now you have mentioned it that way, I could be on the wrong track here,
But with the darks, and please correct me if i am completely wrong here, But do i only really need the one image of the darks, or do i need to take just as many images of darks that i take of the Eagle Nebular, So i i am taking just say 20 images of the Eagle Nebular, do i also need to take 20 dark images?
The same question would also be for the Flats.

It kind of reads to me that the Flats are basically like doing a white balance, This is what i have to do with my full spectrum modified Canon EOS 600D to get the colour balance correct and eliminated all the unnecessary reds.
But again, i could be completely wrong here also.

I see that Alex also mentioned Light frames, can't say i have heard of this, but thinking it through, are the light frames the images of the Eagle Nebular that i am working on?

I have yet to download Deep Sky Stacked, just going through the process on what i need to do in the way of capturing images.

I would guess that after the images have been stacked, there is a program also used to process them?

I have found that Autostakkert 3 and Registax 6 are used for Planetary, and have to say thank you very much to Martin for providing me the instructions on how to use these, appreciated.

Very much appreciate all the information provided, makes understanding the basics so much easier.

Thanks.
Peter