View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

Do you have a Iphone or Android phone? I have been playing around with Skeye on Android I use it as a digital setting circle (DSC), once calibrated correctly they are surprisingly accurate. I was able to locate objects on my 8" f6 scope with 20mm lens easily near centre. Depending on your FOV, camera and scope setup this may be enough for you to do a quick exposure to check the accuracy of your objects location. One down side to this though is the accuracy can be a bit off if there are too many metal objects such as a telescope tube etc... Making a stand out of wood that separates the OTA from the Phone is just one of the options that prevent the phone from giving inaccurate readings...

It's just another step beyond star hopping, which for many people is a lost art. If you can get yourself some good star maps, they may be enough for you to locate some of those hidden objects..

I think Wildcard innovations argo navis has an adapter for the EQ6 also, yes they do... http://www.wildcard-innovations.com...._describe.html a little more expensive than the phone option, but would give a far more accurate reading.

Good luck with it..