View Single Post
Old 14-01-2021, 07:54 PM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Regarding over correcting flats there could be two reasons. Either you have vignetting and noise can be perceived as brightening on the edges or your flats are not correctly scaled with corresponding dark flats. Bias frames shot at the same temperature and same duration. As for the concentric rings your light source might be too bright and bounce into your light path. So dim it and increase flat exposure.
hi marc,

thanks for the suggestion, the flats applied to the image in my post below were 17.58 seconds - I have another set of flats which took 44 seconds, but that was for 50% histogram. I take you point though I could lower it further perhaps and try that - perhaps a 30-40 second for 25% for example.

OK - this is potentially something - I have applied Bias which i took (correct temp-0.32 seconds) in NINA and bias (a bit warmer - 0.32s) in SG PRO. The SG PRO was used in the image below - the ones from NINA result in washed out (and bad edge images). They must be doing something different under the hood. both were supposedly on GAIN 0.