View Single Post
Old 19-03-2014, 06:18 PM
gregbradley

I agree, get the reducer its an awesome bit of gear. I used one for quite a while. You need the bucket style adapter for it.

Be careful with Tak threads on adapters. I think its good practice to wipe the dry threads Tak adapters often have with something. I use a teflon additive - Nulon gearbox teflon. I wipe that on with a rag (just a smearing). It can save trouble as Tak adapters easily jam on and are hard to remove even with tools.

With the focus lock lever, you'll find its better to focus with that level partially engaged then fully engage it once in focus. If you don't it will shift focus slightly and you'll have to start again.

FSQ is a bit prone to temp focus shifts so when you first start imaging with it at night its best to let it cooldown and refocus regularly until stable temps. Its easy enough to manually focus with the micro focuser knob but a Robofocus makes the job a lot easier and if you want to go further you can program in a temp shift refocus with Robofocus.

Also at some point you may want to consider flocking the inside of the tube. The black internal paint has a slight green colour bias and flocking makes it neutral. Not a big deal though and unless done well could affect resale value.

Greg.