View Single Post
Old 14-04-2006, 08:54 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

"Creative Photography Made Simple" by Ken Duncan

Borrowed this DVD off my mother-in-law and finished watching it today..

Not a bad DVD, talks about attitudes, techniques, some hints and tips etc, for landscape shooting as well as some stuff about people shooting.

All in all a worthwhile watch, not a lot of technical information, more some guidelines and general stuff to keep in mind. A lot of attitude stuff - how to approach your shots, what to do and what not to do etc.

One thing which might be a bit off-putting for some, is he talks a lot about his christianity and faith now, and how it affects his shots, his attitude, etc. Some people might embrace it for that, others might be put off by it.

Ken Duncan comes from the Central Coast, like me, so it's interesting to see some great shots of the local area. Gives me some ideas Problem is, most of the best shots are at sunrise or sunset.. sunrise i'm usually at work and sunset is happy hour at home with the family!

Went to see his gallery at Holgate about a year ago.. some unbelievable shots. He's got a gallery "shop" in Erina Fair now too.. always go in there to drool for a few minutes whenever I walk past.