View Single Post
Old 16-07-2016, 01:17 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Quote:
Can I ask where you got the CXD1267?
See the ebay link in my post above
Interestingly the ebay feedback was in German but the CXD1267 were apparently sent from Hong Kong. And I paid in Euros.
The postage is a bit steep, ordering some spares is advised. I have three, i.e. one spare assuming I make two cameras.

Regarding the waterproof electrical connectors, I should have offered my help before, I can easily find some. Somehow my brain didn't register that you were looking for them. Sorry. Too many things to think about...

Do we know what connectors we will have coming out of the box?
1. USB (I actually bought one of these yesterday, or this? A bit bulky but we could probably find space for it).
2. Power (what kind, i.e. how many connectors/voltages)?
3. Anything else?
Will the Peltier sit on the outside of the box, i.e. will it be powered from the outside? I assume it will be PWM controlled and that can interfere with the other communications (USB for example). It may be the best to keep them on separate connectors.

The electonic humidity sensors are bulky (this for example). You are right, they would not fit in the small space where the sensor is but could be used to measure humidity inside the case. We would also need a small controller... You went through all the Cam86 circuitry, does the build have any provisions for connecting temperature sensors? I don't believe they will release the source code for the firmware, otherwise it would be trivial to modify the ATmega code to include temperature/humidity sensor or whatever else we want.

If you are worried about the sealing the front window, here is a different idea... When I mentioned the 450D cooling mod, I meant the cold finger mods. Two different approaches were used to combat the fogging up of the sensor:
1. SMD resistor array to heat up the front of the sensor
2. Astronomik MC-clear glass in front of the sensor. It created a sealed chamber that was filled with argon.
We could 3D print a small plastic spacer, glue the MC-clear glass to it and then place it on the sensor (under argon atmosphere). This will create another sealed chamber providing extra thermal insulation.
It increases the cost significantly as the 450D glass was about $100 when I bought it about a month ago.