View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Juno

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEAJR View Post
Before I got into astronomy, about a year ago, I never noticed satellites going by overhead.

Maybe it was that I did not know what to look for or did not understand what I was seeing. More likely it is because I wasn't looking at the sky that much.

Now I notice. I was out last night and happen to be looking at a part of the sky and, there goes a satellite.

On a number of occasions I have had them pass through the field of view of my binoculars or my telescopes.

The other night I had two pass through my eyepiece FOV at the same time going in different directions. That was very cool and so unexpected.

I even get e-mail notices of when the ISS will be going overhead. As I get up to go outside to watch the little ISS dot traverse the sky my wife just smiles with that pitying smile that wives use on their husbands.

Satellites! I didn't even know you could see them from the ground much less naked eye.

"I even get e-mail notices of when the ISS will be going overhead." Is that an app of some sort? sounds good, I'd like to be able to check the backyard when I know for certainty that the ISS will be passing over.