View Single Post
Old 14-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Photon Addict (Daven)

I have a QHY5 that suddenly was not being recognised by its driver - this happened a month after falling out of the warranty period. Theo walked me through the process of troubleshooting/testing the camera by myself, and provided a number of tests I could try on my own. It was established that there was a problem with the camera.
He suggested I send the camera to him to look at. I sent it by overnight mail from WA and he spent the following day getting the problem sorted out (the problem was corrupted firmware, caused by me removing the USB cable before disconnecting the camera in the software). He sent the camera back to me the following day by overnight mail.
Even though I insisted, he refused payment for his time in repairing this out-of-warranty camera. Maybe it was due to me purchasing all my cameras through him? He also refused reimbursement for the shipping costs back to me.
So I was out of pocket for shipping the camera to him, and three week-nights without the camera. In my experience, this type of support is very rare - not to mention the numerous quick responses to one-off questions regarding operator issues.
Good on you Theo, for being such a gentleman!
Daven