View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 01:03 PM
Martin Pugh

I thought there was significantly more signal in the 2x2 image actually, but much more noise too.

Not seeing big halos, but I am trying to track down some other weirdness, which I think is down to residual tilt. The black streaks that you can see in other images certainly appear with the 600C attached to the Sigma lens. I think they are caused by the cables coming off the camera/FW etc as they are obviously front mounted. But I take care of that in a different way.

No banding.

You really have to study the graphs on the QHY website to fully understand what the 3 different readout modes offer. I am yet decided on whether I should just settle on one mode/value.

Naming convention of darks and biases is critical as I build my library across the different readout modes.

One thing I just cannot get my head around is the offset......I just cannot figure out how to use it or what it does so it is set to a single value across all readmodes at present. Even the document written by Dr Q about setting that value makes no sense.

One thing I have found useful though is using the camera with SharpCap. I have been experimenting on adjusting read out modes and gain values whilst using a bahtinov mask. Back to that offset.....adjusting that real time under Sharpcap appears to have no impact at all.

Martin