View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 11:54 PM
bloodhound31

Tonight I had my first night of photography indoors under many different light sources, lots of different colored walls, varying ceiling heights, dark and bright rooms, moving people....what a challenge! So far the hardest photography to get right.

Tonight was a youth function and in the same building and lighting I will be doing a shoot later on in the month. They kindly gave me permission to have a practice run on them to iron out a few bugs.

All I can say is, that after doing Astrophotography for a few years, landscape and wildlife is relatively easy compared to this!

It's so hard to get a good angle and composition on people doing their thing without getting right in their face! Even though they knew what I was there for as it was announced as part of opening the night, there were lots of awkward moments and people still covered their faces or turned away when they felt a camera pointing in their direction.

I borrowed a 580EXII Canon Speedlite flash and oh boy, it's like learning a whole new camera from scratch! I had NO idea, even WITH all the advice I have been getting from forums it's difficult to get it right on the spot.