View Single Post
Old 19-03-2013, 10:06 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Took me a while, but I had the rig out the other day getting everything set up and trialled for the first time in several months (can you believe QLD weather!!!), and remembered to take some shots with the phone.

Here is my Vixen FL102S "Photon Canon" Fitted with an Orion SSAG mini guider (which gives MUCH better results than the 80mm guidescope I previously used!). The right side finder is an Orion right angle/correct image one (YIK YIK YIK! - horrible finder, cheap build). Losmandy D plate at bottom, Vixen V plate top. Waiting for my Losmandy 90mm guidescope rings for on top of the rail (or hanging under the D, not decided yet). Note the Custom made stainless steel focuser knobs (Brian now has a set too) - beautiful job, knurled edges etc.

One of those VERY rare occasions when I set up visually, but I find GOTO alignment MUCH easier visually than using the CCD - at this stage anyway.

Skywatcher NEQ6 mount. Haven't used the EQMod YET, since I wanted to tr my new CCD first using a system I am comfortable with.

Mind the garbage in the background - my man cave The Man Cave the wife wants cleaned up... how sacrilegious is that!!!

I did just buy ANOTHER VC200L to keep her company and talking Japanese
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (FL102S.jpg)
192.9 KB215 views
Click for full-size image (FL102S OA.jpg)
122.6 KB191 views