View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 05:44 PM
gregbradley

Tilt exists in most systems and has to be adjusted for. It could come from numerous sources apart from the scope. Adapters not seating properly or dovetails that the set screw has bitten into not quite in the valley of the metal etc.

Focusers may not be straight or flex, camera sensors may not be level, adapters not 100% square.

The faster the scope the more critical this becomes.

I think just becoming proficient at packing out your camera/filter wheel conquers this fairly easily once you become adept at it.

I have gotten it down to around 10-15 minutes. I also make a note of the packing details on my computer for next time as I often take the camera off and use it on another scope.

There are also several tilt adapters from Teleskop Services if you have the back focus to fit one.

The trend in scopes for the last several years has been towards faster and faster optics. Up to the point where people get frustrated trying to tame the fast scopes and scopes will get a little bit slower.

In my opinion F3.6 to F5 is the sweet spot for imaging. Faster then that, then expect to spend some time doing some fiddly adjustment.

Greg.