View Single Post
Old 31-05-2018, 11:54 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
If I get the camera in the 7 wheel kit I presume the right ones will be in that big or small..I would rather get big if there is an advantage.
alex
Alex, if you get the pro kit https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com.../asi1600mm-kit
It comes with all the required filters, the 7 hole wheel and the camera, cables, adapters, spacers for almost any setup. I was impressed with what they provided to cover most setup requirements. Some bits have solved some of my other optical path problems.

The comment I'd make is will you do narrow band or just RGB + Ha ? If you don't anticipate going down the narrow band path eventually then just get the mini kit with 5 holes. Mine is awesome.

I'm quite happy with the RGB + Ha ( the other filter is 'L' which is an IR/UV filter). It is letting me manage my LP issues much better and narrow band is a whole other ballpark in exposure times and colour processing and management. I'm only intrigued with it because the only filter I am missing is the SII and having a permanent setup makes it easier to try new things. And I am curious ..

The big thing I am seeing with the 1600mm-c is the incredible detail and depth as each channel adds to the picture and it is easier than I expected after an initial period of frustration and confusion.

And the supplied mounted 1.25 filters work just fine.