View Single Post
Old 19-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
I still get a massive kick out of visual observation; can stare at Saturn for hours on end...

love hunting for stuff from my backyard to see how low I can go...

I only recently started imaging; moreso to share what I could see (well sort of coz the images are more detailed than I can see) with good friends who are located interstate a long way from where I am...

I follow a few folk on here for visual stuff to learn how to get the absolute best from the gear I have; there are a number of good threads on checking optics, star testing & challenges for visual observing... I love those, I learn so much about my equipment & what I am looking for/at... I post the odd question in relation to visual observation but, find many of the answers I'm looking for are here already... and those answers don't have to be specific to me individually for me to learn something..

However, I post images because I know buggerall about what I am doing & by asking people to critique what they see, I learn specifically what it is I am doing wrong.. sure, it's nice when people praise your work but, I think that says more about the spirit of this place; a lot of encouragement on this site which is great...

Anyways.. that's my two cents worth, I love both... usually have to decide which one I'm doing for the night because... trying to do both with one scope hasn't really worked for me in the past.. too much time trying to figure out the imaging side, next thing you know it's 2am in the morning...

Cheers