View Single Post
Old 29-08-2005, 07:03 PM
rumples riot
Who knows

Alright, I have heard enough. I was doing film long ago when I lived in Brisbane and here in Adelaide. In fact I have been doing my own film since I was 14. I also have done my own b&W processing for years before I discovered Digital. Digital is by far superior in my opinion and I will tell you why.

My 6.1 megapixel Raw images will blow up to 1200 x 900mm without even showing the slightest hint of degradation in quality. You try doing that on 100ASA film or Techpan 2415. You won't even get past 600x350mm without grain showing itself. That is a fact. I am doing this now and a 12megapixel camera has the capacity to make images that are 2mx 1.6m without degradation in image quality.

Quite frankly some of you arguing here need to do some real photographic work. I do this for a hobby and I really know. Digital surpasses all film, that is why all the pros now use digital, and I know lots of them. When was the last time you saw a photojournalist at a sporting match loading film. Or in a studio loading film. And, that is also why Kodak sacked 4000 workers in the UK and US. They are now going over to digital. Full frame or not, digital out performs in blow up over film. Thats the bottom line. And that is all that matters.