View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Davekyn (David)
Loves Staring Into Space!

Yea,
I was getting carried away again, wasn’t I J. Your absolutely right, I got home from an overnight shift and was not thinking straight. I’m sticking with the ED80 & ST80 config. That will be goal enough.

While on the topic Alex, may I ask your thoughts on the following scope. I won’t be getting it in the near future, but just wondered what you or others might think of it. I first saw it advertised in “Australia SKY & Telescope”

SAXON 8” (F/12.5) Maksutov-Cassegrain) $1398.00-I think that is the OTA price only.
Under "M20325EQ5" Click on Last Telescope at the bottom of the page.
http://www.saxon.com.au/m_schm.html

I know that the next scope I get will be for planetary & lunar Observing with the option to Advance my Astrophotography skills after using the recommended setup of the ED80&ST80. Keep in mind I will just be using my EQ6Pro and possibly just purchase a HEQ5 for the ED80 setup I was previously using.
Or whilst still learning with the beginner’s set-up should I just save for the more expensive 8”/9.5”CRT for advancing my skills down the track & including Planets & luner (somthing I am missing out on with the ED80)
Just trying to paint a picture that will give me some direction as to the best approach. So far it’s the ED80 & ST80, but it certainly does not hurt to look ahead.
Cheers
Dave