View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 04:32 PM
BlackWidow (Mardy)
Seeing Stars

Cool Guiding with Tucam and K3ccd Tools Help

It now begins...I have done the mod to my Tucam and have a reg version of K3ccdtools. I just have a Question in using it for guiding. I have plugged the camera into the USB port and have a good image. I also have a Parallel cord comming from the Tucam into a Parallel to USB converter. I have set the com ports for the Camera as Com2 (working) and the Parallel control cable to USB COM 3 (seems to be working).. Now here is the question??? Where does the Meade LX200 fit into the picture? Do I assume that I set the Guiding controll to LX200 Interface in the guiding settings. Then I guess I just plug the LX200 via the RS232 socets and all should be good..

I do understand that I need to run the Drift Explorer Etc, it's just the settings and cable connections I need to have confirmed...

I intend to use the guiding via an Off-Axis guider attached to the back of my De-Rotator and capture images via my DSLR...

Any help would be great. I don't have anyone near me to assist so this site is my bible. From a new nothing Guy some months ago I am happy with my progress, and have enjoyed building my gear and modding Cams etc..

Regards
Mardy