View Single Post
Old 16-09-2010, 05:55 PM
troypiggo (Troy)
Bust Duster

"BIMBO" Brisbane IIS Macro Boys' Outing - anyone?

Been talking to a couple of members about having a Roma St Parklands[1] BIMBO meet some time soon. Might try to have a few this season. Didn't do it enough last year.

Currently thinking 25/9 or 26/9. Next couple of weekends after that I'm out. And that weekend is close to full moon, so you guys won't be up all night with astro stuff

Conditions are typically better early in the morning. Can't remember what time we met last time, think it was around 7am?

Couple of guys who may be interested have transport issues and wouldn't be able to make it til a bit later, like 10-11am. Hopefully we can sort something out.

So. Who's in? Suggestions for dates, times, places? Anyone and everyone is welcome. Not just macro, either. There's plenty of flowers, a few birds, water dragons, water falls, little lakes etc.

Oh, I meant to mention. If you are keen on trying macro but don't have the gear, I have 2 spare Canon bodies, a 180L, Sigma 105, Sigma 150, and MP-E 65 macro lenses, extension tubes, several speedlites and the MT-24EX twinlight, and several different diffusers/softboxes. So no excuses, welcome to borrow or try any of it.

[1] or if anyone has another venue in mind, please suggest

Last edited by troypiggo; 16-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.