View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 10:32 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iborg View Post
Probably won't work, but, an idea I have wondered about, get a box of dry ice, and feed the gas coming off it into the body of a camera.

I think the cold and dry gas should cool the camera, and with the gas flowing around the sensor, should keep ambient air, and its moisture, clear of the sensor - no condensation!

Possibly blow (or suck) air through the dry ice into the body (in-line fan) to get enough cooling.

Any moisture in the air will condense out before getting to the camera.

Philip
Dry Ice is CO2, and CO2 will bond with and transfer moisture - ie it is not really a dry gas.

One idea I did try, was to use a PC processor liquid cooling system. I used it on one of my Canon 450D experiments. It's a bit involved, as you need a pump to push the coolant through a small radiator. The problem I had with it was the weight of the coolant in the tubes going to the camera copper cooling puck was creating a balance problem and it needed to be counter balanced.
It was a fun experiment though. You can buy all the PC liquid cooling parts from PC Case Gear online. I think I bought the camera cooling puck off eBay for a few dollars.