View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Just curious, as I will be seeing Scott in a couple of weeks. Would starlapse owners and would be owners be interested in a Losmandy tripod dedicated to starlapse heads? How much would you pay? Or is the current use of a photo tripod enough?

BTW Scott did not want to make the product. I hassled him for years, but given his very clever implementation and subsequent popularity of the end product I'm very pleased he capitulated
well to be honest no more than $500 max - and thats in AUS dollars delivered. I think it rather silly he didnt look at it

to answer chris:

the weight limitation for the polarie is spot on, unless you run lithium batteries or a usb battery pack your limited to 2hrs. need a polar scope but extremely portable and you get a great result
the astrotrack can take a substantially larger load better tracking but you are limited to 1h50m then reset but will run all night on a fresh set of batteries, still very portable. also need a polar scope but it has single axis guiding control but has a great mount and is easy to use

only just got the starlapse - yet to put it together but i bought it for the load carrying capacity. i bought it to carry the lunt and the 60D with 200mm lens for the eclipse - no counterweights