View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:42 AM
§AB
Its only a column of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer View Post
I was observing 47 Tuc the night before (10/11) and had 3 across the FOV during a short session, for a total of 8 that night. Certainly adds some extra thrills
wow that's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmer View Post
Impressed at what you can resolve with the 10" GSO, which I also own, at higher powers than I tried on the night (or ever)! So 454X is equivalent to a 2.75mm f/l EP at 1250mm f/l of your Dob? What EP(s) did you use to get that magnification? I'm a beginner, but I stopped at 9mm (138X)! Image was still clear and no doubt I could have pushed it further, but I found the wider FOV nice on that object. Once I'm adept at collimating, and perhaps with a 10:1 focuser..
I use a 5.5mm Meade 5000 plossl and a cheap barlow to get 454x. Dude, 47 Tuc at 400+ mags is an unforgettable sight! You must atleast try Next up on my wish list is a Televue Barlow and 4 and 5mm Radians

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougAdams View Post
Just remember I'm punching above my weight division
The key to catching 247 is definately dark skies, owing to its very low surface brightness. Basically any light pollution will wipe it out. Last night was particulary transparent, that's probably why I was able to see it.